21-08 Financial Specialist, Savannah Office -The Financial Specialist assists in performing and coordinating administrative, technical, and professional work related to financial and accounting activities of the court, including compliance with appropriate guidelines, policies, and internal controls. The individual selected for this position will be required to perform, but not be limited to, the following duties:
• Maintains and analyzes accounting records consisting of cash receipts, journal, registryfund, deposit fund, and subsidiary ledgers for allotments and other fiscal records.
• Creates and maintains case ledgers in an automated database.
• Prepares and analyzes daily, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual financial statements for the Clerk’s office and Administrative Offices of the U.S. Courts.
• Maintains and reviews the accuracy and accountability of monies received and disbursed by the Court.
• Manages the receipt of criminal debt monies and disburses restitution to victims.
• Assists in monthly reconciliation process and report preparation.
• Assists with oversight of financial operations to ensure compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures.
• Adheres to appropriate internal control policies and procedures for disbursement, transfer, recording and reporting of monies.
• Audits employee travel reimbursement vouchers for accuracy and compliance to judicial regulation and enters data into accounting system for review and approval by management.
• Perform other duties as assigned...
An application for employment must accompany all submissions. Click here to view...